If you are considering a medical malpractice claim, you probably have many questions. Why did the malpractice occur? What options do you have to hold the medical professional and/or facility accountable? Can you even bring a malpractice claim?
At Cirignani Heller & Harman, LLP, we can answer these questions for you in a free consultation. We serve clients in Chicagoland and throughout Illinois. Speak with one of our knowledgeable medical malpractice lawyers by contacting us online or calling 312-346-8700.
Medical Malpractice FAQ
Below are some of the questions we hear frequently from the victims of medical malpractice and their family members:
- How do I know if I have a medical malpractice claim? The first question most people ask after suffering illnesses and injuries from their medical care is “What is medical malpractice?” Learn more about medical malpractice to determine whether you have a claim.
- Is medical negligence different from malpractice? It is important to understand the subtle difference between malpractice and negligence to understand the nature of your claim.
- Is my potential medical malpractice claim valid? Not every injury or illness that occurs while under medical care rises to the level of malpractice. Read this FAQ and talk with an attorney from our firm to determine whether you have a viable medical malpractice claim.
- What attributes should I look for in my medical malpractice lawyer? Choosing the right lawyer to handle your medical malpractice claim is one of the most important decision you can make. Find out how to choose the right attorney for your case.
- How much compensation can I receive for my medical malpractice claim? One of the most important concern in medical malpractice claims involves the amount of compensation available.
- Is there a time limit for bringing a lawsuit? Learn about the statute of limitations for various medical malpractice claims and what it means to your case.
- How do I know whether I should bring a lawsuit against my doctor? Many people are reluctant to bring lawsuits against their medical providers, even if they have been hurt by blatant malpractice or negligence. Learn more about your rights and options.
- Can I bring a lawsuit against the medical facility? When seeking maximum compensation in your medical malpractice claim, it is important to know whether you can sue your hospital.
- What steps are involved with bringing a legal claim? Take the time to learn more about how the legal process works in medical malpractice claims.
- Is it necessary for me to go into the courtroom during my case? Many people are intimidated or nervous about the prospect of having to go to court. Our attorneys are here to help you through the process.
- Will my lawsuit take a long time? No one wants to be caught up in a lawsuit that lasts longer than it needs to. At Cirignani Heller & Harman, LLP, our lawyers do everything we can to streamline our clients’ cases without losing the potential for maximum compensation.
These are only a few of the many questions people have when they come into our office. We take the time during our free initial consultations to answer our clients’ questions and help them understand whether they are the victims of medical malpractice, how the medical malpractice legal system works and what could happen in their case.
Contact Cirignani Heller & Harman, LLP
If you or a loved one is the victim of medical malpractice, contact our law firm to set up your free initial consultation. You are under no obligation to work with us. If you decide to hire us, however, you will not have to pay us any attorney fees until and unless we receive compensation for you; a true no-risk situation.